Due to an expanding order book and an increase in new enquiries, Essential Projects is recruiting a draughtsman with experience in architectural metalwork and secondary steelwork, who is looking for their next career move.
Essential Projects was founded in 2008 by Managing Director Eliot Saxton.
We design and manufacture bespoke glass and metalwork, specialising in staircases, balustrade, canopies, metal railings and other glass structures used within retail and commercial offices.
Operating from a manufacturing facility in Bulwell, Nottingham we have a small, but close knit, team of designers, engineers, fabricators as well as installation teams that work on sites across the UK for many leading retailers and contractors who trust us to work on their projects.
Due to a number of high-profile project wins, an opportunity has arisen to join the Essential Projects team as a draughtsman.
The ideal candidate must have experience within the architectural metalwork industry.
The candidate should have working knowledge of AutoCAD, experience in fabrications or construction drawings or similar and a qualification in civil or structural engineering, architecture, product design or similar is desirable.
Key responsibilities include;
- Working from customer/architectural drawings to produce detailed fabrication drawings
- Architectural metal work detailing, structural steelwork, staircases, balustrade and handrails
- Producing drawings on CAD software
Must Have Skills
- Experience of using some form of CAD software
- Minimum experience of 5 years working with the architectural metalwork industry
- Portfolio / Examples of metalwork drawings
- Prepare fabrication drawings for production
- Must be IT literate
- Good eye for detail and takes pride in their work
- An understanding of Quantity Surveying
Here at Essential Projects we offer competitive salaries and flexible working hours.
The role is full time permanent role, but we would consider other employment arrangements for the right candidate. Freelancers are also welcomed to apply.
To be considered for this role, please email your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in joining our company, we look forward to hearing from you.