Due to an expanding order book and an increase in new enquiries, Essential Projects is recruiting an estimator with some experience in architectural metalwork, who is looking for their next career move and will enjoy the flexibility of working for a small metalwork manufacturer.
Essential Projects was founded in 2008 by Managing Director Eliot Saxton.
We design and manufacture bespoke glass and metalwork, specialising in staircases, balustrade, canopies, metal railings and other glass structures used within retail and commercial offices.
Operating from a manufacturing facility in Bulwell, Nottingham we have a small, but close knit, team of designers, engineers, fabricators as well as installation teams that work on sites across the UK for many leading retailers and contractors who trust us to work on their projects.
Due to a number of high-profile project wins, an opportunity has arisen to join the Essential Projects team as an estimator.
Fundamentally the role will include the interpretation of drawings for work that Essential Projects is either tendering for or those we’ve already won.
We’re looking for someone who can interpret architectural drawings supplied by architects and contractors to estimate cost of materials and labour.
You’ll need to be confident explaining the designs and costs to an Essential Projects director, who will then present your work to the client.
The ability to be able to follow up quotes and have discussions with buyers to convert new leads into confirmed projects would also be an advantage.
Key responsibilities also include;
- Working from customer drawings to produce detailed quotations
- Producing accurate and detailed manufacturing cost estimates generated from detailed client manufacturing drawings
- Compiling labour and material costing
- Liaison with our supply chain as required
- Input all information into the computer system in order to produce full quotations
- Monitoring enquiries within the company and speaking directly with customers and end users
- Ability to apply quantity survey expertise to ensure projects remain within budget
The successful candidate will suit an estimator who has an understanding of bespoke metalwork and architectural metalwork installations.
Must Have Skills
- Experience working on a variety of contracts and quoting from detailed engineering drawings
- 2-3 years’ experience of estimating
- An understanding of architectural metalwork or have worked within a similar field
- Must be IT literate
- Knowledge of how to work with AutoCAD
- An understanding of how CRM systems work
- An understanding of Quantity Surveying
Here at Essential Projects we offer competitive salaries and flexible working hours.
The role is full time permanent role, but we would consider other employment arrangements for the right candidate. Freelancers are also welcome to apply.
To be considered for this role, please email your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in joining our company, we look forward to hearing from you.