Due to significant growth over the past year, which has seen us work on some major projects for leading UK brands, Essential Projects is looking to recruit an experienced estimator.
Your role will be to help us respond to enquiries in a timely and expert manner. You’ll be responsible for providing first class estimating services which maximises our ability to secure new business opportunities.
- To respond to initial enquiries and determine the invitation to tender response in a way that keeps the door open for future opportunities.
- Manage all aspects of quoting process in order to maximise revenue and operating profit
- Accurately estimate the costs of projects in order to meet or exceed the client’s requirements
- Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
- Support the fulfilment of the programme of works safely, on time and to the required quality while maximising the gross profit and client’s satisfaction
- Implement all of Essential Projects policies including those for SHE and risk management
- Promote Essential Projects values towards its customer in order to meet or exceed their expectations
- Obtain suitable market quotations to substantiate the prime cost utilising the Essential Projects supply chain.
About Essential Projects:
Essential Projects was founded in 2008 by Managing Director Eliot Saxton.
The company designs and manufactures bespoke glass and metalwork, specialising in staircases, balconies, canopies, metal railings and other glass structures used within retail, commercial offices and heritage buildings.
Operating from a manufacturing facility in Bulwell, we employ five designers, engineers, fabricators as well as a team sub-contractors who work on sites across the UK.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Commercial awareness
- Have strong organisational skills and able to present information in a logical manner
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Able to work as an individual and work co-operatively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- High level of appreciate of delivering good customer service. Previous experience of dealing with leading retail brands would be an advantage.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package depending on skills and experience. To apply, for our estimator position, please send your CV and a brief covering letter to: email@example.com